Easy, fun and when your little ones are older they can join in too.
Cook rating: Easy
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 - 60 minutes
I was looking for something that I could do with loads of over ripe bananas.
What you need to make this tasty dish
The only time I mesaure is for baking!!
140g butter, soften (give yourself extra for the tin)
140g caster sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
140g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 very ripe bananas
Optional: 50g icing sugar and dried banana chips
What you need to do
I like to get my ingredients measured and ready before I start, I find it saves on time and makes things easier if your hands get messy.
Get your bowls ready
Get your kitchen scales ready
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4
- Butter your loaf tin and line with baking parchment
- Cream the 140g soften butter and 140g caster sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add the 2 beaten eggs and a little bit of flour
- Fold in the remaining flour, 1 tsp of baking powder and 2 mashed bananas
- Pour into the tin
- Cook for 30 minutes but check, I found mine needed more like 50 minutes.
- Once a knife can go in and out and come out clean your bread is cooked
- Remove and put to rest
My Little Man is 17 months old and loved this. (Phew)